In this article, we will learn how to Transfer Files to Server with FileZilla. FileZilla makes it really easy to connect to an FTP site and start transferring files. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a common method for transferring files to and from local and remote computers. To connect and transfer files, you need to know how to use two components of the FileZilla window.
- The Quick Connect toolbar
- The File Manager
Head over to the Filezilla website, then download and install the client application for your chosen operating system.
The Quick Connect Toolbar
FileZilla offers you one of the most flexible and easy-to-use navigation buttons of any FTP client the Quick Connect toolbar. Think of this as an address bar in your web browser.
To use the Quick Connect toolbar, complete the fields from left to right as shown in the following image
- For Host, you have to enter the address for your FTP server.
- Enter the username for your FTP server.
- Enter the password for your FTP server.
- Port is optional, but you can use
22for SFTP and
21for standard FTP.
- Now click on the QuickConnect button.
If you see the list of files on the right, you are connected. This is what the Quick Connect bar might look like when you connect to your account.
- For Host:
- The Username:
password field here
SFTP recommend to connect to your account.
The File Manager and Transferring Files
For Local Site
- The local site contains the left side of the window.
- The local site is your computer.
- At the top, you will see a drop-down box with the current directory.
For Remote Site
- The remote site contains the right side of the window.
- The remote site is your FTP server.
- You will see a drop-down box that lists the current directory on the FTP server.
To transfer files or folders follow these steps
- To transfer the file you have to select the files or folders.
- Drag the selected files or folders from one side of the screen to the other.
To download files, all you have to do is drag the selected files from the right side of the window to the left side.
To upload files, drag the selected files from the left side of the window to the right.
That’s it. This is how to Transfer Files to Server with FileZilla.
For other helping, code snippets have a look at our Articles List.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Thanks